Thursday 1 December 2011

Awaiting the operation

Well finally the date for the operation has been set: Saturday 10 December.
Saskia has been trying to go to school, but she starts to feel more and more uncomfortable with her neck. Last Tuesday we went back to the hospital, because her neck was constantly hurting and today she got an ultra sound to see if the tumour had changed since the last test. She got some pain killers prescribed and Saskia hopes she can go to school tomorrow.
Today Saskia followed Melanie and her grandparents to town for some Christmas shopping and what a surprise! She met up with Jaimee who handed her a bag full of cards and presents from her previous school Tyndale. This brightened her day and certainly made her forget the pain!
When she returned home, she got an extra surprise: another lot of angels from her present school was awaiting her there!
All those cards and angels will follow her to hospital, so when she awakes she will see all those well-wishes and prayers.

6 comments:

  1. Divine Mercy We put our Trust in You!!!!! I love U Saskia you're such a brave girl!!!!! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news Saskia; just a week away. I'll pray you stay in Gods peace; He has given us good docters.

    When I was your age I once lay on my bed in the Fagelstraat in Leiden on the attic and pondered about life and my mind started to race along the years ahead. Then I got afraid about what might happen afterwards. But suddenly a great calm came over me and I realised that God is always there.

    Well, to close this comment; Jesus is still the same today as yesterday and forever more. He loves you Saskia just the same as all the other people he healed.

    yours in Christ,

    Ruurd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Saskia! Just one week more to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peyton @ Tyndale7 December 2011 at 20:26

    Dear Saskia, hope you like the gift that I gave you! I have being praying for you in class and before I go to bed. Jesus is always with you Saskia and will always be! I hope that your operation goes well on Saturday and that you will be ok.

    From your friend Peyton at Tyndale
    oooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear sas i hope your operation went well i hope you liked 4m's cards i have been praying 4 the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sas hope everthing goes well..just keep pushing through i know u can do it!!
    From Holly @ Tyndale.. :D

    ReplyDelete