Thursday 17 November 2011

The first days - by Saskia

On friday my daddy brought me to the hospital where they put me to sleep with funny gas. The man said it smelled like purple but it was more chewing gum. When I woke up i was a bit dizzy and had a plaster on my neck.
On monday I went to my doctor who said I was going to have treatment for a year so I am not going to go to school for a long time. Then we went to central market and bought a few things. Then we went home. We had a few visitors then we went to McDonalds. I was so happy because I did not have McDonalds for 11 months!
On Tuesday we went back to the medical centre and I was very happy because my best friend Jaymee and her mum was there with me.
On wednesday we went again to the hospital and I got a line in my arm. I was scared that it would hurt, but it did not! I had to lay on a bed which went through a doughnut machine. Then we went to Oom Aad in the city and later I saw Santa Clause. Then we went to school to pick up Marcel and Arjen and I was so happy, because I saw all my friends at school.
Today we went to the hospital for some more tests. They took a lot of my blood and I had to lay on a bed again but now they strapped me in. They took pictures of my bones.

6 comments:

  1. Saskia has been very brave over the last few days and even when she realised the severity of her illness she took it on the chin!
    We are sooooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Saskia, for being such a brave girl! Keep up the strength through the challenges ahead with your Mummy and Daddy by your side. We will be following your journey back to good health, and sending all our positivity your way :) Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God will make a way Where there seems to be no way; He works in ways we cannot see, He will make a way for you.He will be your Guide,
    Hold you closely to His side.
    With love and strength,
    For each new day,
    He will make a way, He will make a way
    love u with with all my heart!!!!!! Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a brave little BIG girl and you are in our thoughts. We wish you all the best the coming months. regards Duko Mitzi Michiel and Karin from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hartstikke goed Saskia. Well done! God bless & lots of love.

    yours in Christ,

    Ruurd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Saskia,

    It is such a blessing to see you smiling so brightly in that picture.

    You brought such joy to my morning when I opened your blog.

    Know that all your cousins and family folk are praying for your recovery.

    Hey do you know something.

    I read somewhere that Jesus' presence is always the strongest in difficult and painful times.

    I'm sure he listens to your every prayer.

    Remember to hold his hand ok?

    Take care... Lots and lots of hugs and love,
    Godpa, Aunty Joyce and cousin Ashley

    ReplyDelete